donderdag 9 augustus 2012

Memories of France

During some cloudy and rainy days it's so good to have sunny memories!
Today I want to share two places we've been in France. Actually, this are two statues we have visited. The first one you can find in La Roche sur Yon.
It's a statue to remember a well known man in history: Napoleon Bonaparte.
A genius in a way, I think, but I am not a great admirer, because of the wars he started.


The second statue is of a man wich did exactly THE opposite.
He signed the agreement wich made an end to World War 1. So I think he truly deserved this statue!


His name is Georges Clemenceau and he lived from 1841-1929. I had never heard of him before, but now I will never forget. Next to this simple statue you can find his summer home; a lovely cottage at the seaside of the Vendee.


Here he wrote his books, and maybe he saw this, like we saw it now.


One of his friends was Claude Monet, wich gave him good advice how to arrange his garden.


For me a lovely place to be, and now a wonderful memory!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 opmerking:

  1. Thanks for sharing your photos from France, Leni! I agree with you on the statues! I am so looking forward to our museums trips TOGETHER!! Perhaps we will be both inspired by a painting!? I love love the garden photo, I totally see Monet's spirit living on!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen